Recipe by Pierre Dance
This is great to make the night before without the corn chips, cover with plastic wrap, stow in the fridge. The next night top with the chips and bake. I've made it with an incredible varity of ingredients. You can't make many mistakes, it comes out good in almost any circumstances. When I first got the recipe it called for breakfast sausage hence the name.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Nice comfort food. I chose mild Italian sausage along with red pepper as I don't care for the green. I also did not add the salt, since I felt the sausage combined with the corn chips provided enough seasoning and I was right. The corn chips are a lovely addition. :)
- 1⁄2 lb noodles
- 1 lb sausage (I've used Breakfast, Italian, ground Chuck, diced cooked Ham, diced cooked Chicken, diced cooked Tur)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or Cream of something soup)
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup corn chips, crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook and drain the noodles.
- Meanwhile, Brown the meat, (not any that is precooked) drain.
- Drain and wipe the pan.
- Add oil and heat.
- Saute the Bell Pepper and Onion 'til the onion is translucent.
- Mix together all except the corn chips.
- Pour into a 2 qt. casserole dish
- At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to be baked later.
- Top evenly with corn chip crumbs.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes.