1/2 Photos of Sausage - Noodle Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
This is great to make the night before without the corn chips, cover with plastic wrap, stow in the fridge. The next night top with the chips and bake. I've made it with an incredible varity of ingredients. You can't make many mistakes, it comes out good in almost any circumstances. When I first got the recipe it called for breakfast sausage hence the name.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb noodles
- 1 lb sausage (I've used Breakfast, Italian, ground Chuck, diced cooked Ham, diced cooked Chicken, diced cooked Tur)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or Cream of something soup)
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup corn chips, crumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Cook and drain the noodles.
- 3Meanwhile, Brown the meat, (not any that is precooked) drain.
- 4Drain and wipe the pan.
- 5Add oil and heat.
- 6Saute the Bell Pepper and Onion 'til the onion is translucent.
- 7Mix together all except the corn chips.
- 8Pour into a 2 qt. casserole dish
- 9At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to be baked later.
- 10Top evenly with corn chip crumbs.
- 11Bake 35- 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage - Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.3
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: