Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw Judge Renee Hardin-Tammons prepare this on the news the other morning and I wanted to lick the screen! This is from her new cookbook I'm Guilty of Loving Southern Cooking.
- Place sausage,bacon and mushroom in a skillet.
- Cook over high heat,stirring constantly until sausage is no longer pink and bacon is done but not hard.
- Stir in flour and be sure to scrape sides to get all of the bits of meat incorporated into flour.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until roux is just thickened.
- Gradually add cream and milk,stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If too thick,add more milk to desired consistency.
- Serve over buttermilk biscuits and enjoy!
I made this for myself this am, I let out the mushrooms because I didn't have any. I had to use whole milk because I didn't have 2 %. It had a great taste. I am sure my DH will eat some later. Thanks for the great recipe!
Made this for my DS and it came out great. The only changes I made were to use turkey sausage, bacon and fat-free half-and-half. He took the leftovers home! And has requested the recipe.