1/1 Photo of Sausage -N-Stuff Gravy
I saw Judge Renee Hardin-Tammons prepare this on the news the other morning and I wanted to lick the screen! This is from her new cookbook I'm Guilty of Loving Southern Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sausage,bacon and mushroom in a skillet.
- 2Cook over high heat,stirring constantly until sausage is no longer pink and bacon is done but not hard.
- 3Stir in flour and be sure to scrape sides to get all of the bits of meat incorporated into flour.
- 4Cook for 2-3 minutes until roux is just thickened.
- 5Gradually add cream and milk,stirring constantly.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7If too thick,add more milk to desired consistency.
- 8Serve over buttermilk biscuits and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage -N-Stuff Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.5
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 1067.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoked bacon