Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Pampered Chef Recipe.
- 16 ounces kielbasa (or other smoked sausage)
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- rye bread (optional)
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, turning once. Slice sausage into 1-inch chunks. Return to skillet.
- Add sauerkraut and cubed potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced.
- Serve with fresh rye bread if desired.
I have to admit that I was lazy about this recipe. I put the sauerkraut into a 2 qt casserole dish, layered on top of that a small frozen bag of Southwest style hashbrown potatoes (small cubed potatoes, onions, green and red bell peppers), then I topped it off with the kielbasa. Put the cover on and threw it in a 350 deg oven for 40 minutes. Seasoned it to taste with salt and pepper. Very delicious and a great way to clean the fridge. Thanks!
Nice recipe for sauerkraut lovers. I added some sliced onion and some brown sugar for some added flavor. I did serve with rye bread.... a great combination. Thanx for a great new easy sauerkraut recipe!