Recipe by ~Nimz~
These are delicious! I have served them several times at pot lucks and friends' get togethers. They are so easy to make and so convenient to constantly have on hand. Yummy.
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot pork sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Spread party rye slices onto the lined cookie sheets (Makes approximately 60 pieces).
- Brown Ground Beef and Pork Sausage together.
- While browning meat, cut up velveeta into chunks.
- Drain grease thoroughly from meat mixture.
- Add all other ingredients to the meat mixture and cook until the cheese melts, stirring as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and drop mixture by spoonfuls onto the party rye slices.
- Place cookie sheets into freezer and freeze the party rye rounds.
- When frozen, remove from cookie sheets and slide into plastic bags returning to the freezer for later use.
- When ready to use, take desired amount from the bag and place on cookie sheet under the broiler until brown and bubbly.
- (Few minutes).