Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious! I have served them several times at pot lucks and friends' get togethers. They are so easy to make and so convenient to constantly have on hand. Yummy.
- Line cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Spread party rye slices onto the lined cookie sheets (Makes approximately 60 pieces).
- Brown Ground Beef and Pork Sausage together.
- While browning meat, cut up velveeta into chunks.
- Drain grease thoroughly from meat mixture.
- Add all other ingredients to the meat mixture and cook until the cheese melts, stirring as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and drop mixture by spoonfuls onto the party rye slices.
- Place cookie sheets into freezer and freeze the party rye rounds.
- When frozen, remove from cookie sheets and slide into plastic bags returning to the freezer for later use.
- When ready to use, take desired amount from the bag and place on cookie sheet under the broiler until brown and bubbly.
- (Few minutes).
These are awesome. We know these as Polish Mistakes. We use about 1 1/2 - 2 tsp. of worcestershire sauce.
I cut the recipe in half and used all ground beef instead of half sausage. I was skeptical that the cheese amount listed was enough, but it came together nicely. I have about 20 of these still in the freezer and I've been grabbing them for quick lunches. I do think that I put too much filling on each round, as they don't heat through before the bread starts to burn, so next time I will adjust that. Made for Photo Tag
My sister used to make these all the time but I had not had them in years. I made them for a holiday party for my girlfriends and they went very quickly. My husband also snuck a couple and loved them.