Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I was so surprised at how good this was, made it twice now and my family loves it, great flavour! I follow the recipe exactly except I add quartered onions in with the potatoes, and once I have everything in the dish ready to go, I sprinkle some thyme and or rosemary on top, simply because I like those spices. Next time I am going to throw in baby carrots too for a real complete one dish meal! So easy, for those busy weeknights!
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 -2 onion, quartered (however much you like) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 -6 Italian sausages, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place potatoes (and onions, if using) in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine salt, oregano, paprika, garlic salt; sprinkle half the spice mixture over the potatoes.
- Arrange sausage & chicken breasts over potatoes. Drizzle with the canola oil; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170.