Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I love this comfort food! I use Pillsbury brand refrigerated buttermilk bisuits. For the soup mix the one I use is 1.8 oz. For chance I use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces pork sausage, thawed if frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box Knorr Leek mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas, not thawed
- 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Coat a shallow 2 1/2 qt baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Gently boil potatoes and carrots in a large, covered, nonstick skillet half-filled with water 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; put potatoes and carrots in baking dish. Wipe skillet dry.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute sausage and onions in skillet, breaking up chunks of sausage, 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned. Drain off fat.
- Whisk milk, soup mix and seasoning in a 4 cup measure. Stir into skillet, bring to a gentle boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Pour over potatoes and carrots. Stir in peas. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile cut biscuits in half crosswise. Remove dish from oven; put biscuits around edges of dish and down center.
- Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Sprinkle biscuits with cheese; bake 4 minutes until biscuits are golden and baked through.
Delicious! It's a little time consuming if you do it like the recipe says - it's quicker to boil the potatoes and carrots while you're cooking the sausage and onions. I will definitely make it again!!
As the 4 stars say, WE LOVED IT! This is my kind of comfort food, easy to make and very tasty. I couldn't find the Leek soup mix so I used Knorr Vegetable mix instead. I was in a hurry so I had 3 pans going at once with the potatoes/carrots, the sausage and the sauce. Thank you for a lovely dinner RecipeNut!