1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I love this comfort food! I use Pillsbury brand refrigerated buttermilk bisuits. For the soup mix the one I use is 1.8 oz. For chance I use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces pork sausage, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box Knorr Leek mix
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, not thawed
- 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Coat a shallow 2 1/2 qt baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2Gently boil potatoes and carrots in a large, covered, nonstick skillet half-filled with water 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; put potatoes and carrots in baking dish. Wipe skillet dry.
- 3Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Saute sausage and onions in skillet, breaking up chunks of sausage, 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned. Drain off fat.
- 5Whisk milk, soup mix and seasoning in a 4 cup measure. Stir into skillet, bring to a gentle boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Pour over potatoes and carrots. Stir in peas. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- 6Meanwhile cut biscuits in half crosswise. Remove dish from oven; put biscuits around edges of dish and down center.
- 7Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Sprinkle biscuits with cheese; bake 4 minutes until biscuits are golden and baked through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage N Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 1586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g