Recipe by TMoney
One day while making stuffing for mushrooms I had way too much stuffing leftover. I started throwing other things in the bowl and came up with something really good! I cook by eye so my measurements are guesstimates. Please try it and let me know what you think!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This is really delicious, and addictive too! I used 8 oz. of whole mushrooms, which I chopped, as well as 16 oz. of mild sausage and 8 oz. of cream cheese. I do not use Miracle Whip, so I subbed mayonnaise. Other than that, everything else was according to the recipe. It was so yummy, and I couldn't stop eating it. However, it did make a lot! Who needs stuffed mushrooms? This is just as good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 16 -20 mushroom stems, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked sausage
- 4 -6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, breaking up into tiny bits; set aside.
- Using same pan, adding butter if needed, sauté mushroom stems, garlic and shallot for about three minutes.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Scoop into baking dish and top with a handful more of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes till topping melts and bubbles.