Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Thumbing through a magazine at the hospital, I found this recipe and just had to try it when I got home. When I went to the fridge to get everything out, I was missing the bacon, but had some homemade sausage Mom brought me. We buy a lot of this sausage made by one of Pop's customers. It is GOOD...twice as good as the stuff you buy. I was totally in love with the results. It's a different way to make sausage pinwheels, so give it a try at your next party.
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained well
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese and mayo. Add the mushrooms and sausage and mix well.
- Separate the dough into four rectangles and seal the perforations. Spread the cream cheese mixture over each rectangle leaving 1/4 an inch from the edges.
- Roll jelly-roll style starting with the short side and pinch to seal. Cut into six slices.
- Place cut-side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers (if there are any).