1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Amy in KC's Note:
This breakfast casserole is fabulous - the cream of mushroom soup and sausage cooks up to taste like sausage gravy. I've never had so many compliments on a breakfast casserole before! This is best when prepared the night before and baked the next morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage (browned & drained) or 1 lb mild breakfast sausage (browned & drained)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 8 pieces white bread (torn into pieces)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained) or 1 (4 ounce) can fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1The night before baking, prepare the casserole and the next morning prepare the topping and bake.
- 2Place torn bread in 9x13 baking dish. Top bread with browned and drained sausage and mushrooms. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the sausage and bread.
- 3Mix 2 cups milk, eggs, and mustard. Pour egg mixture over the cheese and sausage.
- 4Refrigerate overnight.
- 5Before baking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the 10 3/4 oz can of cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup milk and pour over the casserole before baking.
- 6Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours in 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 201.1 mg
- Sodium 1133.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g