Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite appetizer of my family's. Easy and makes a lot so you may want to half the recipe.
Make and share this Sausage Mushroom Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 48 large mushrooms
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked,crumbled,and drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard; set mushroom caps aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into mushroom caps.
- Place stuffed mushrooms into two greased 13x9 inch baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until heated through.
These were FANTASTIC and went fast! I served these to my guests while they were waiting for me to finish XMas dinner, I did them up ahead of time which made my life sooo much easier! I was multi-tasking a little too much and wasn't able to give my full attention to the sausage as it was browning, so it wound up with being a little "chunkier" than I wanted. After draining the sausage and letting it cool for a minute, I threw it in the blender to make it 'fine'. It mixed very evenly with the other ingredients then, and made a much more consistent mixture for stuffing the mushroom caps, will do this from now on. Followed the recipe, which isn't something I always do, but next time I might double the cajun seasoning. Thanks for posting a great one, can't wait to make these again!
These are awesome. I made these for a finger food Holiday party and nearly everyone asked for the recipe. I will continue to make these for upcoming parties. Thanks for the recipe!!!
Sausage-stuffed mushrooms are a traditional Thanksgiving appetizer at our house. However, one of the guests this year is allergic to an ingredient in our favorite recipe, so I had to go searching for another version. This was a wonderful substitute, enjoyed by all!