Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home. I recently made these (for Super Bowl Sunday). My DH took them to a neighbor's house - I had another commitment, so arrived much later. As it was a small gathering, I thought there would be a lot left over - they left me TWO!!
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or 2 teaspoons horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 16-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 dozen.