Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favorite recipe in the whole world. And doesn't take forever either. Use on any pasta of your choice...fettuccine, gnocchi, etc.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 vegetarian sausage links
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Alfredo sauce cooks fairly quickly, so begin your pasta first.
- Defrost sausages is microwave. Mash them with a fork until broken into little chunks.
- Melt butter in large pot. Add sausage pieces and sliced mushrooms over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and spices and reduce heat a bit. Stir frequently until cream thickens (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan. Stir thoroughly. Serve over cooked pasta.