Recipe by Hwin
I grew up on this meatloaf, and I love it. It's always a hit with company. My supposedly "vegetarian" friend eats it up every time I make it. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Lovr the addition of ground sausage. It really gave this an extra good taste. The sauce was great too, I did add a tad brown sugar since I wanted to finish the bag. It was devoured in one meal by us. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 -10 saltines, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, sausage, celery, onion, saltines, and eggs together and form into 2 loaves.
- Bake covered at 350 degress Fahrenheit in stoneware for 45 to 75 minutes(depending on the shape of your loaves and desired doneness). Drain grease.
- For the sauce, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over loaves.
- Cover meatloaf and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
- To freeze, just freeze the meat mixture in meal size portions. Thaw it in the refrigerator for a day before cooking. You could make and freeze the sauce too, but I usually mix it up when I cook the meat.