Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious! Recipe courtesy of Creative Cooking Christmas Dinners and Special Occasions. Instead of stuffing the bird I baked this in the oven for 45 minutes at 350.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 turkey liver or 1 poultry liver
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley (fresh) or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cups soft stale bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- Combine sausage and celery in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute onion and liver for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Cut liver into small pieces and combine liver and onion with sausage mixture.
- Add herbs, and egg and juice to moisten.
- Spoon stuffing into cavity and skewer shut.