Recipe by Lauren Kay
Total comfort food! This yummy dish is made by my grandmother at every family get together. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I find that even though I love spicy foods, mild sausage works best in this recipe. I hope you like it!
- 453.59 g sausage (I use breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans)
- 354.88 ml milk
- 340.19 g Velveeta cheese
- 118.29 ml Dijon mustard
- 236.59 ml diced tomato, drained
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 78.07 ml green onion
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 56.69 g elbow macaroni
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble and cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned.
- Combine milk, velveeta, and mustard in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat and stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, drained tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 mor minutes.