Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Total comfort food! This yummy dish is made by my grandmother at every family get together. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I find that even though I love spicy foods, mild sausage works best in this recipe. I hope you like it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble and cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned.
- Combine milk, velveeta, and mustard in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat and stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, drained tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 mor minutes.