Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Total comfort food! This yummy dish is made by my grandmother at every family get together. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I find that even though I love spicy foods, mild sausage works best in this recipe. I hope you like it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble and cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned.
- Combine milk, velveeta, and mustard in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat and stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, drained tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 mor minutes.