Lauren Kay's Note:
Total comfort food! This yummy dish is made by my grandmother at every family get together. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I find that even though I love spicy foods, mild sausage works best in this recipe. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
quart c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Crumble and cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned.
- 3Combine milk, velveeta, and mustard in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat and stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- 4Stir in the cooked sausage, drained tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- 5Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- 6Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- 7Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 mor minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Mac N Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.0
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 2869.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g