Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
From the December 2001 Bon Appetit issue, a welcomed addition to Christmas morning breakfast. (Younger children will still probably prefer plain ol' sausage, so I cook sausage to suit all ages holiday mornings!) This recipe receives excellent reviews on epicurious.com. Very popular with many breakfast eaters!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup sweet-hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 18 ounces breakfast sausage links, about 20
- Whisk apricot preserves in saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add mustard and whisk until beginning to simmer, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead, and refrigerated. Stir over medium heat until warmed through.).
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages and saute until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to saucepan with glaze.
- Stir over medium heat until sausages are glazed, about 1 minute.
- Serve warm.
I followed your suggestion and made the glaze the day before. Then just warmed it up and then added the cooked sausage. Quick and easy, this dish will show up on our table over and over again. Thanks for sharing, Rochsann.