Recipe by mandabears
Great soup for a cold night. Terrific with hot crusty bread. Good enough for company.
Top Review by haskinsfam
This was okay...I think that next time I'll add some red pepper flakes for more flavor. The kale didn't cook down like it did in other recipes I used, but I really liked the texture in this soup.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced,i leave them unpeeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked sausage, i use turkey smoked sausage,sliced
- 1 bunch kale or 3 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen kale
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmesan cheese