Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great soup for a cold night. Terrific with hot crusty bread. Good enough for company.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced,i leave them unpeeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked sausage, i use turkey smoked sausage,sliced
- 1 bunch kale or 3 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen kale
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and remove the stems of the kale.
- Chop or tear kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients in crockpot, exccept for the Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
This was okay...I think that next time I'll add some red pepper flakes for more flavor. The kale didn't cook down like it did in other recipes I used, but I really liked the texture in this soup.
Good recipe, very easy and tasty. Only change I made was to use navy beans instead of kidney beans and I added some left over roast turkey.