Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My cousin's wife makes this for almost all family gatherings and they are always a hit. I recently asked her for the recipe and started making them for my own social gatherings. This recipe makes a lot of poppers. You could easily half the recipe for smaller gatherings.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 22 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and parmesan, fold in sausage.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon full into each jalapeno half.
- Place filled jalapenos in two ungreased baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until filling is slightly brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing, if desired.