1/1 Photo of Sausage Italian Gravy
1 hr 15 mins
This is a Italian recipe which I got when in New York in 1965... use on polenta, or spaghetti...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepot over medium heat saute the onion in the olive oil.
- 2Add garlic and continue to saute.
- 3Add sausage meat and brown slightly on all sides.
- 4Drain off any fat.
- 5Add thyme, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the basil.
- 6When sauce is bubbly, reduce heat and cover.
- 7Cook for at least one hour.
- 8Add the remaining fresh basil leaves the last fifteen minutes.
- 9Serve on cooked soft or firm polenta with extra romano cheese sprinkled over the top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Italian Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 893.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g