Recipe by ElaineAnn
Good old-country comfort food.
Top Review by carolinajewel
Absolutely wonderful!!!! 5 stars is not enough! The only change I will make in the future is to cut up the sausage a bit smaller so we can eat it easier in a bowl and I will make sure to have some good bread to sop up the yummy sauce! This was a real treat that I will make again and again! Thank you ElaineAnn!!!!
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 potatoes, peeled, boiled, and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until golden.
- Add kielbasa, broth, and beer. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Blend flour into remaining 1 tablespoon butter; stir into broth.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice kielbasa into 2-inch chunks and serve.