Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
This is NOT for the calorie counter! This is also not the original recipe. This is my SLIMMED DOWN version! *LOL* I can't make this too often. We literally inhale it. It's just VERY good :) 'Least we think so!! :)
- 16 frozen dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed fine (I use a pestle)
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crushed fine (I use a pestle)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray (ICBINB)
- Roll out dinner rolls to approx 3-inch circles.
- Lay 8 of the rolls in the bottom of a 10-inch bundt pan, sprayed with no stick cooking spray, overlapping slightly.
- Spray the rolls lightly with ICBINB spray.
- Sprinkle with crushed herbs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle in the cooked sausage.
- Top with remaining 8 dinner rolls, overlapping slightly.
- Cover and let rise at room temp until doubled in size, approx 2 hours.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Cool another 5 minutes before slicing.
- *Cook time includes rising time!
- You could also change the herbs if those aren't your favorite!
- Cheeses could be changed too!
- Play with it!
This was very easy to put together and came out very well. Used mild Italian sausage and substituted dried basil for the rosemary. Also, added some finely chopped onion and sauteed it with the sausage. Thanks, Marlene.