Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a favorite of ours now...easy and delicious. Not too hot not too mild...just right!
- 453.59 g mild pork sausage
- 453.59 g hot pork sausage
- 850.48 g package frozen hash browns
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped (I added this to the recipe)
- 113.39 g canchopped chili peppers (also added by me)
- Cook sausages in large skillet over med-high heat -- stirring until crumbled and done. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to pkg directions, using 1/tsp salt and pepper.*.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, cheese, onions and chili peppers. Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and remaining 1 tsp salt*. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- This was taken from Southern Living Magazine to which I added the onions and peppers. I am not a sausage fan but did enjoy this. Hope you do too.
I made this the other morning for a group of friends...we had mismosas and bloody marry's with it and it was great! I added fresh onion, mushrooms and green peppers when browning the sausage. It added both nice flavor and color. Next time I will add a little heat with either a salsa or fresh jalepenos.
I made this for an Easter brunch at church and got rave reviews. There weren't even crumbs left in the bottom of the pan! I like making it when I have company, and the mix of potatoes, sausage, and cheese with the eggs is just perfect. Thank you!
This is a fantastic dish. I never heard of spring onions, so substituted green onions. Please Let me know what a spring onion is. Belly Up With Bob