1/1 Photo of Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Cook in Mid TN's Note:
This is a favorite of ours now...easy and delicious. Not too hot not too mild...just right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -3 spring onions, finely chopped (I added this to the recipe)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped chili peppers (also added by me)
- 1Cook sausages in large skillet over med-high heat -- stirring until crumbled and done. Drain well.
- 2Prepare hash browns according to pkg directions, using 1/tsp salt and pepper.*.
- 3Stir together hash browns, sausage, cheese, onions and chili peppers. Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 4Whisk together eggs, milk and remaining 1 tsp salt*. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- 5Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6This was taken from Southern Living Magazine to which I added the onions and peppers. I am not a sausage fan but did enjoy this. Hope you do too.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.1
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 197.4 mg
- Sodium 1136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.4 g