Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love hash (roast beef, corned beef or turkey)...It can be a good use for leftovers...And I love the annual Taste of Home cookbooks! Here's a variation of a meat Hash (this time with pork sausage), from the 1999 Annual Taste Of Home cookbook, placed here for safekeeping!
- 1 lb pork sausage (by bulk in a roll)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, diced and cooked (yukon or red bliss)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, on medium heat, saute the sausage; then add the onion, carrots and bell pepper.
- Stir to combine and cook until the vegetables are tender; Stir in the potatoes and seasonings; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked and the mixture is heated through.
- NOTE: lighten the recipe by substituting turkey sausage for the pork sausage.
Had some leftover sausage and was looking for a way to use them up. Saw your recipe and decided to try it and glad i did as it turned out perfect. Will be adding this to my list of favorites. Thanks very much.