Recipe by Cookin'withGas
I love hash (roast beef, corned beef or turkey)...It can be a good use for leftovers...And I love the annual Taste of Home cookbooks! Here's a variation of a meat Hash (this time with pork sausage), from the 1999 Annual Taste Of Home cookbook, placed here for safekeeping!
Top Review by Bluenoser
Had some leftover sausage and was looking for a way to use them up. Saw your recipe and decided to try it and glad i did as it turned out perfect. Will be adding this to my list of favorites. Thanks very much.
- 1 lb pork sausage (by bulk in a roll)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, diced and cooked (yukon or red bliss)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, on medium heat, saute the sausage; then add the onion, carrots and bell pepper.
- Stir to combine and cook until the vegetables are tender; Stir in the potatoes and seasonings; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked and the mixture is heated through.
- NOTE: lighten the recipe by substituting turkey sausage for the pork sausage.