Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sausage, grits, and cheese! Easy and tasty breakfast dish.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a heavy skillet, cook the sausage, stirring frequently, until brown. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
- Add the cheese and butter to the hot grits and stir until melted. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Stir into the grits.
- Pour the grits mixture over the sausage. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Serve hot.