Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this in a email from Whole Foods Market. This is a great, simple soup that is very quick to make. Makes an easy weeknight dinner that is hearty and delicious. I used Aidells portobello mushroom sausage when I made this. I also use Herbamare seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 12 ounces kielbasa or 12 ounces cooked chicken sausage
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes well and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch slices.
- Put all ingredients into a large soup pot.
- Stir well and bring slowly to a boil.
- Reduce, heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- This is great with a nice salad and a piece of crusty bread.