I came up with this one day after trying out other recipes on my children that they rejected. I have one son who doesn't eat eggs, so it makes hit hard to make a breakfast casserole everyone will eat. I finally did it with this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble and cook sausage in a large frying pan until no longer pink.
- 2(do not drain).
- 3Add 2 tablespoons flour and stir into sausage mixture, let it cook for one minute.
- 4Slowly add milk and bring to a boil.
- 5Let cook for 10 minutes until thickened to desired consistency.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Meanwhile put both packages of thawed hashbrowns into a 9 x 13 glass dish.
- 8Add shredded cheese.
- 9Top with sausage gravy mixture.
- 10Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Garnish with green onions if desired.
- 12You can make this with a variety of cheeses.
- 13I find that using either sharp cheddar or pepper jack work the best.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Gravy Hash Browns Bake
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.7
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 179.8 mg
- Sodium 354.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 51.8 g