Recipe by Starrynews
The other grandkids and I always ask our grandmother to make her biscuits and gravy for us! So I knew I had to get her recipe. This is a simple sausage gravy that you can use over your favorite biscuits, whether store-bought or homemade! I have used skim milk before, and it worked fine... just be patient since it takes longer to thicken.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 8/10/14 for part of mine and my SO's Dinner. Yes I said Dinner, sometimes you just have to have Breakfast for dinner. Except for cutting the milk down to 2 cups,the recipe was made as it was written. What made this " stand out " for me was the butter, never heard of adding butter to sausage gravy. This was served over homemade( of course ;) ) biscuits.Both of us really enjoyed the taste a lot. Thanks so much for posting, and " Keep Smiling :) "
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage until it crumbles in a large skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and stir constantly as you bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- When mixture is thickened, add sausage and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until heated through and serve over split biscuits.