Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.marthawhite.com
Top Review by JESMom
Yikes, I can't believe I forgot to review this! I absolutely loved it! I didn't use the hot sausage and just used the cornbread mix I had on hand. Also, I did this las minute and didn't have time to hard-boil the eggs, so I just cracked them open and stirred them up a bit and dumped them in with the rest. Like I said, LOVED it. I loved the sweet taste the cornbread gave. Hubby liked it, but 'it just wasn't the right bread' as he lives for biscuits and gravy. I'll be trying to change his mind though :)
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) packagecountry gravy
- 3 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix (Martha White Cornbread Creations Extra Rich Buttermilk)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine gravy mix and 2 cups of the milk; whisk until smooth. Pour over sausage in skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in diced eggs.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, combine cornbread mix and sugar with remaining milk; stir until smooth.
- Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 22 to 28 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.