Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my husband's absolute favorite Sunday morning breakfast!!! I can get him to clean anything if I make it. We prefer to use sage sausage. It gives the gravy a little kick. We also like to add dried onions. Of course, you can use plain sausage and omit the onions.
- 1 lb roll of pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, prepared
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- Break up sausage in large skillet until fully browned.
- Slowly sprinkle the flour over the sausage until dissolved. Please turn heat to low, otherwise the flour will burn.
- At this time you can add the dried onion flakes if wanted.
- Gradually stir in the milk and allow mixture to simmer.
- If the gravy does not thicken to your preference you can add sprinkles off flour. BEWARE - The gravy does take time to thicken completely.
- If the gravy is too thick you may add more milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Split your biscuits, scoop on, and ENJOY!
This recipe is fantastic. Not only unbelievably easy, it tasted great. Super simple way to put out great lump-free gravy. Thank you!