Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe is a perfect combination of one of my favorite dishes, Sausage Gravy, and one of my husband's favorite side dishes, hash browns. The addition of the runny egg oozing down into the gravy and hash browns makes for one perfect breakfast dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove potatoes from bag and place in a colander. Rinse and drain well. Using a clean dish towel, place potatoes in towel and wring dry.
- Divide potatoes among 4 ramekins. The ramekins I used were 5 1/2" rounds that were 2" deep. I got around 3/4 cup of potatoes into each ramekin.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add sausage. Cook until done, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add milk slowly, stirring until incorporated. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- Pour 3/4 cup gravy into each ramekin over the potatoes.
- Crack one egg into each ramekin, on top of the gravy and place into oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until egg white is set and yolk is still runny.
- Note: Each oven bakes differently. Watch your eggs closely and adjust cooking time if needed.