1/3 Photos of Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Chef on the coast's Note:
This is comfort food. For me, DH and our kids. We really enjoy this in the winter time when it is so cold outside! It's hearty enough to fill DH and the kids usually come back for more too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 lb ground sausage, precooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2Melt butter. Add flour. Mix well until no lumps are left.
- 3Gradually add milk to make a thick gravy. Add sausage, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Combine all dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Add milk.
- 6Roll out and cut into desired size.
- 7Bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- 8To serve- split biscuits and top with sausage gravy.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.1
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 754.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g