Recipe by GaryV
Quick and easy gravy you can spoon over homemade or store bought biscuits. Its a regular breakfast at our house, although we usually end up making 2 batches.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (Bob Evans regular or sage)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (more of less to taste)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage over medium heat.
- Do not drain.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, coating all meat.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk stirring constantly.
- When milk begins to get smooth, stir in bouillon.
- Stir in poultry seasoning.
- Stir in pepper.
- Be sure all are completely mixed.
- Stir in worcestershire and pepper sauce if using.
- Continue heating, stirring occasionally until desired thickness is reached.