Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy gravy you can spoon over homemade or store bought biscuits. Its a regular breakfast at our house, although we usually end up making 2 batches.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (Bob Evans regular or sage)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (more of less to taste)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Brown sausage over medium heat.
- Do not drain.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, coating all meat.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk stirring constantly.
- When milk begins to get smooth, stir in bouillon.
- Stir in poultry seasoning.
- Stir in pepper.
- Be sure all are completely mixed.
- Stir in worcestershire and pepper sauce if using.
- Continue heating, stirring occasionally until desired thickness is reached.
This was really good gravy and it was so easy. The only change I made was to only add 1 tsp of beef bouillon. I will be making this again thanks Gary!
We liked it. I followed recipe as written. It was very beef bouillon tasting to me, but everyone else thought it was fine. I would add less of the seasonings,but not eliminate them as they give good flavor.
I used this recipe because it was the only one that I saw that had onions in it and that was the way that my father always made this. It was perfect. I didn't use the beef bouillon because I need to watch my sodium and the sausage already has enough. It still tasted wonderful. Highly recommended.