Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great topper for the gluten free biscuits, Together they make a hardy, low carb breakfast.
Make and share this Sausage Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces grass fed beef sausages or 16 ounces bison sausage or 16 ounces pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat, breaking into small chunks.
- When fully cooked, remove sausage and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add arrowroot powder, stirring constantly until it becomes thick and almost dry.
- Add the coconut milk 1/3 at a time, whisking into the "roux".
- After all of the coconut milk has been added, add the fennel, sage, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage back in, stir and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with gluten free biscuits.