Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good gut buster for breakfast or dinner ! Serve over biscuits slathered in butter. This can be made up a day in advance to meld the flavors. I buy the Jimmy Dean sage flavored sausage in the 1 pound rolls.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (ground, any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups milk
- Brown sausage in large skillet.
- Drain all but a small amount of grease.
- Add butter to pan, turn heat on low until it's melted.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, stirring until it's smooth.
- Add milk.
- Cook on medium, stirring constantly until boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat up and pile on top of the biscuits !
This was a really fabulous gravy, easy and kid friendly. This was made for Fall Pac 2007.