Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good down home sausage gravy.
- 1 lb pork sage sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- brown sausage, drain, reserving grease.
- add bacon grease to pan.
- heat on medium high until hot.
- slowly add flour, stirring well after each addition of flour until pretty well thick.
- allow mixture to get really brown until you think it's beginning to burn.
- add half and half about a cup at at a time, stirring well, until desired consistency.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- (if you think it's too thick, add more half and half or milk).
- return sausage to pan and heat.
- serve on biscuits.
This is delicious and easy. I have never made sausage gravy before and will definitely make it again. Thank you for a great recipe. Made for PAC 07 Fall.
This is the BEST sausage gravy I have ever eaten. Everyone must try this at least once. Very easy to make.