Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had a little sausage leftover and some rice, so I started throwing things in the pan. I came up with this. I know it's not really fried rice, but I hope if you try it you'll like it. Cook time doesn't include time for leftover rice.
Top Review by VS Chef
I used Tofurky sausage and it was great...didn't follow the ingredient quantities listed but I just threw stuff in there. Also, I fried the rice much longer than 6 minutes...overall it was a great fast dinner.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk sausage (I like to use mild)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use canola)
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage with garlic powder in a large skillet until browned.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Pour drippings from skillet.
- Add oil and heat until hot but not smoking.
- And rice and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and sausage and continue to stir-fry, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs and cook until set; season.
- Sprinkle with onions.