Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A real breakfast treat from an old recipe box of Mom's.
- 1 (8 ounce) package brown and serve sausages
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄4 lb muenster cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Cut 8 slices of bread on the diagonal, about 1" thick.
- Cut a pocket in each.
- Place one slice cheese over 1 slice sausage and insert in pocket.
- Press together.
- Beat eggs, milk and sugar.
- Coat each sandwich with egg mixture.
- Cook in hot canola oil until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
This was great. A great twist to my breakfast today. Thanks. Made for football pool.
This made for a great breakfast, though I think I made small holes for the pockets. My fault, as I had cheese running down on to pan while baking. Never the less, it was very tasty breakfast treat this morning as I had one of my kids home from school due to a water line break. Great recipe. Made for your win in Football.