- 1 (8 ounce) package brown and serve sausages
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄4 lb muenster cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 8 slices of bread on the diagonal, about 1" thick.
- Cut a pocket in each.
- Place one slice cheese over 1 slice sausage and insert in pocket.
- Press together.
- Beat eggs, milk and sugar.
- Coat each sandwich with egg mixture.
- Cook in hot canola oil until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.