Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a great brunch casserole. It needs to be refrigerated overnight so plan accordingly.
Top Review by Yogi Mom
I made this for our Mother's Day Brunch and it was very well received by all, especially my picky 7-year-old son. Everyone had second helpings until it was all gone. The only recommendation I would make would be to omit the extra salt or use a low-sodium soup because between the salt of the sausage, the half teaspoon, and the soup, it was a little salty for me and one or two others. That didn't stop us from enjoying it, though! Many thanks, Mommyoffour.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1 lb pork sausage, fried and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Alternate first 3 ingredients in layers in greased 9x13 pan.
- Blend eggs, dry mustard and 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Pour over mixture in pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over other mixture in pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 300 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- (May be frozen and then baked).