Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Adapted from a BHG recipe. Very easy and yummy, too.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (1/2 of a 10 oz. pkg.)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Boboli pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a big skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, and garlic until the meat is browned; crumble the sausage while cooking.
- Drain off fat; remove excess fat by patting meat mixture with paper towels.
- Add pizza sauce, oregano, basil, chopped spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Spread meat mixture evenly over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and pizza is heated.
A good way to sneak some spinach into a meal. I used homemade sausage (#49027) and homemade pizza sauce (#151379).
This is a great pizza..easy to make and so tasty. Have made it a couple of times now, a little different each time..I cooked the sausage meat, crumbled, on its own and put the other ingredients on fresh without cooking or mixing together. Added a bit of onion with the garlic and held back on the tomato sauce except for covering the crust..excellent! So thank you Nurse Di, I'm extremely happy to have this recipe!