Recipe by dicentra
Every Day with Rachael Ray. Dec 08.
Top Review by loof
This is a great recipe! I lightened it up a bit by using turkey sausage and grilled over charcoal. The rosemary was a great addition, delightful on the meat as well as the apples. Great fall dish - loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked link sausage, sliced crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 gala apples, cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the sausage, fennel and apples and toss to coat.
- Position a rack 5 inches beneath the broiler; preheat.
- Thread the sausage, fennel and apples onto metal skewers; arrange on baking sheets in a single layer. Broil, turning once, until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.