Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a hit with my family and friends. I got this from Treasury of Christmas Recipe Collection. Be sure to make enough, because they will be gone before you know it. Christmas is the time when I make these. These are great appetizers.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins
- 1 egg, separated
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet.
- Add onion, garlic powder, cumin and oregano.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain drippings.
- Stir in olives and raisins.
- Beat the egg yolk slightly; stir into sausage mixture, mixing well.
- Carefully unfold crusts.
- Cut 6 circles using a 3" cookie cutter.
- I use the Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal(See NOTE below).
- Place about 2 tsps of the sausage filling on the cutouts.
- Top with 6 more cutouts.
- Be sure the edges are sealed.
- Moisten fingers with water and pinch dough to seal edges.
- Slightly beat the egg white; gently brush over tops of empanadas.
- Bake in a 425* oven 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: I make 6 cutouts using the Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal.
- Add the filling.
- Make the toppers one at a time.
- As you cut one place it over the top of your filled one and push down on the Cut-N-Seal.
- Check the edges for sealing.