Recipe by lazyme
I found this recipe somewhere out on the internet and it is a favorite for a special breakfast or brunch. My husband doesn't like eggs any way but scrambled, so I make his with scrambled eggs.
- 1 (12 ounce) package sausage, roll such as Jimmy Dean
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 English muffins
- 1 (8 ounce) jar hollandaise sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, cut 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage into 3/4-inch thick patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage 4 to 5 minutes each side; set aside.
- In a poaching pan, poach each egg until soft set, approximately 3 to 4 minutes in simmering water to which vinegar has been added.
- Fill shallow pan with warm water.
- Place each poached egg in water bath to keep until served.
- Split English muffins.
- Toast each half.
- Heat hollandaise sauce over low heat until warm.
- Place one toasted muffin half per serving on plate.
- Top with cooked sausage patty, then tomato and poached egg.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over each egg.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.