Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good healthy way to start a lazy weekend morning or a nice supper with good toast (I love breakfast foods at night). I normally season with garlic, basil and oregano but you can add anything you're in the mood for.
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup nonfat milk or 1 cup soymilk lite
- 1 cup reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook sausage, pepper and onion in skillet.
- Drain away fat.
- Put sausage mixture and all other ingredients into a 13 by 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5-10 then serve.