Recipe by Kim D.
I took this dish to work one Friday, when it was my turn to bring breakfast... it was a huge hit! I had several requests for the recipe and I went home with an empty dish!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a large skillet; drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and saute green onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored.
- Mix in cottage cheese, shredded cheeses, chilies, sausage, mushrooms and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking dish.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir in melted butter.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.