Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I took this dish to work one Friday, when it was my turn to bring breakfast... it was a huge hit! I had several requests for the recipe and I went home with an empty dish!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Brown sausage in a large skillet; drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and saute green onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored.
- Mix in cottage cheese, shredded cheeses, chilies, sausage, mushrooms and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking dish.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir in melted butter.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Great casserole! This had so much flavor. Best one we've tasted so far. Thanks for posting.
Wonderful Easter breakfast! Very flavorful and cheesy. Love that majority of prep is done tonight before. Makes a large pan, so perfect for feeding a crowd. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
kIM..... excellent, made this for the 5th time for the seniors christmas dinner. I changed it this year, i used bisquick at 1/2 c to evaporated milk. try it you'll lov it..........r