Recipe by FloridaGrl
A good casserole for breakfast, brunch--or for when you have "breakfast for dinner" nights. I serve this with fried apples and hot biscuits. Prep time doesn't include chilling.
Top Review by whitewebKC
Not only for breakfast, our family loves this recipe for dinner as well! We enjoy a couple of variations to this recipe from time to time. In place of the bread cubes, we use hash-brown potatoes, partially frying them in a little oil before placing in the bottom of the casserole dish. We also add some sliced raw mushrooms to change it up. It is a wonderful meal, and it is rare to have leftovers!
- 10 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the eggs, milk, mustard and salt for 1 minute, or until combined. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese.
- Pour into 13x9 greased baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.