Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good casserole for breakfast, brunch--or for when you have "breakfast for dinner" nights. I serve this with fried apples and hot biscuits. Prep time doesn't include chilling.
- 10 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the eggs, milk, mustard and salt for 1 minute, or until combined. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese.
- Pour into 13x9 greased baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Not only for breakfast, our family loves this recipe for dinner as well! We enjoy a couple of variations to this recipe from time to time. In place of the bread cubes, we use hash-brown potatoes, partially frying them in a little oil before placing in the bottom of the casserole dish. We also add some sliced raw mushrooms to change it up. It is a wonderful meal, and it is rare to have leftovers!